Want to live a healthier lifestyle? Whatever your health or wellness goals, there's probably an app to help keep you organized and on track. But with the variety of available health apps, it's easy to get overwhelmed. To help you, we've listed best mobile apps for your health and wellness needs. Every app listed below is available in both the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store. Because health is a personal choice, we haven't rated or ranked them. To make it easier, we've alphabetized the 50 best mobile apps below in one of four categories: fitness apps, medical apps, nutrition apps, and mental health apps. Note, most of the apps below are free to download, but many offer in-app purchases. Be sure to investigate costs before downloading any app.
Click below to jump to a specific section:
An app designed with busy lifestyles in mind, the 7-Minute Workout Challenge App helps you transform your body in just seven minutes per day.
- 12 exercises backed by research
- 7-minute workout equivalent to an hour-long workout
- Moves must be performed at maximum effort
- Increases your metabolism for all-day effects
Blogilates is the brain-child of Cassey Ho, a YouTube star known for fitness videos. Ho has become widely recognized for creating the #1 female fitness channel on YouTube. Her channel boasts over 300 million video views and 3 million subscribers. With the Blogilates app, you get access to daily recommended workouts featuring Cassey's unique pop-infused Pilates, exclusive workout videos, recipes, and more.
- Search all Blogilates videos in one place
- Sort by series (Victoria's Secret series, etc.) or by body part (abs, thighs, etc.)
- Take progess pics and share with the Blogilates community
- Workout calendars
Need a little external motivation? Run or walk for the benefit of your favorite cause with Charity Miles.
- Earn money for charities with every mile
- Choose from 40 unique charities
- Members have earned over $2 million for charities
Train with world-class coaches right from your smartphone with the Cody mobile app, a video-training app that helps you stay consistent and feel good about your progress.
- Learn from world-class coaches around the world
- Learn new skills and reach new heights
- Track your progress over time
- Access videos from your mobile device or the web
- Offline and lifetime access to videos
- Free download
- Workout costs vary by program
5. Couch to 5k
The Couch to 5k app, or C25K as many call it, is (as its name suggests) designed to get you from couch potato to 5k runner, no matter what your starting fitness level.
- Seamless integration with MyFitnessPal
- Ideal for first-time runners
- Simple, easy-to-use interface
- 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, for 8 weeks
- Compatible with Pandora, Spotify, and other music apps
6. Daily Yoga
More than 400 yoga poses await you in the Daily Yoga app, with scheduled plans designed by the pros to help you reach your goals.
- Relaxing music to help you de-stress
- Workout plans designed by professional yoga instructors
- HD videos with step-by-step instructions
- Health data log to track calories burned, progress, and more
- Share ideas and get inspired by the community
7. Fitbit App
The Fitbit app accompanies the massively popular Fitbit fitness bands, with several variations on the bands to suit your personal taste. An all-inclusive mobile app, the Fitbit app helps you monitor your total health and wellness by tracking your sleep cycles and quality, caloric intake, calories burned, activity levels, and more.
- Monitor every aspect of your health and wellness
- Track sleep cycles and get a sleep quality score
- Record workouts
- Track your daily steps, floors climbed, and activity levels
- Compete with friends to compare stats and challenge each other
Cost: Free (Fitbit fitness tracking bands required to use full set of features; prices vary)
FitStar is a personal training app offering an experience, complete with dynamic programs that adjust to your feedback, goals, and capabilities.
- HD videos with step-by-step instruction
- New sessions such as "10-Minute Abs" and "7 Minute Workout" added monthly
- Never do the same routine twice
- Connect with fitness devices and weight management apps
- Premium: $7.99/month; $39.99 yearly
Jefit is like having a personal trainer in your pocket to keep you motivated. This comprehensive app will help you get in shape, stay on track, and reach your fitness goals.
- Personalized workout routines
- One click to record training logs, track rest time, and complete your workout
- Analyze your workout data and progress to optimize your results
The Johnson & Johnson Official 7-Minute Workout is the original 7-minute workout app designed to maximize your results and make every minute count. Designed by Chris Jordan, Director of Exercise Physiology at the Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute. This app has helped more than 1.4 million people get fit in just seven minutes each day.
- More than 1,000 workouts
- Customize your workout routines
- Share your progress with friends
- More than 20 intensity levels
- Designed for all fitness levels from beginner to pro
- Post workout assessments
- Personalized challenge levels
Find the best of fitness, wellness, and beauty services in your local area with the MindBody app. It's goal is to make you look your best every day.
- Find experiences and book them instantly
- Save your favorite places for future reference
- Book last-minute classes and appointments or plan ahead
- Find deals and promotions to save on the experiences you love
Moves is an activity tracker for your life, mapping your daily activity and other specs to help you monitor your progress. This mobile app assists with recording your duration, distance, number of steps, calories burned, and so much more.
- Automatic storyline of your daily activities
- Add gym training and more than 60 other activities
- Calculates your calorie burn for activities
- View your daily idle calorie burn
Want to earn some extra cash while losing weight? With Pact App, you can earn cash by sticking to your weekly goals. This cash is paid for by members who don't stick to their plans quite as well.
- Set exercise and healthy eating goals each week
- Manage how much money you have on the line if you don't stick to your goals
- Check in at the gym, track workouts via GPS, or count your steps with a tracker
- Send photos of meals
- Connect with several partner apps including MyFitnessPal
Cost: Free (fees for 'Pacts' apply)
Hands-free, eyes-free, and smart. PEAR is like having your own personal coach in your ear. It goes beyond simply tracking data and helps you interpret it to optimize your results.
- Reacts to your data to provide a personalized experience
- Hundreds of workout possibilities
- Personal training from the world's most recognized athletes
- Real-time personal training cues from Olympians and champion athletes
- On-demand workouts
- Dynamic, personalized workouts curated just for you
- Free download
- $3.99 monthly
- $29.99 yearly
15. Pocket Yoga
Pocket Yoga is the yoga lover's best friend, putting all your favorite yoga poses and workouts in your pocket. Even if you're new to yoga, you'll be a master in no time.
- 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty
- 200+ illustrated pose images
- Dictionary of poses with descriptions and benefits
- Maintain a log of your workouts
- Session previews to decide if a session is right for you
A personalized workout is always at your fingertips with the Sworkit app. Select the part of the body you want to target, choose from pre-designed workouts, or create your own - and then get to work.
- Choose from strength, cardio, yoga, or stretching
- Select a duration from 5 to 60 minutes
- Video trainers demonstrate how to do each move
- Create custom workouts or modify existing workouts
Because your health is more than just what happens inside the doctor's office, CareZone aims to provide a comprehensive solution for managing every aspect of your health from the palm of your hand.
- Journal for documenting symptoms between doctor visits
- Share updates privately with family members
- Calendar for tracking appointments, reminders, refills, and more
- Organize and share important contact information for providers, pharmacies, and insurance
18. Doctor on Demand
Doctor on Demand provides video visits with board-certified physicians, giving you access to important medical advice from the comfort of your home.
- Save appointments to your personal calendar
- Get reminders before visits start
- Doctors will treat mild infections, cough/cold, allergies, flu, pediatric questions, and emotional health concerns
- Now covered by insurance for 30 million+ Americans (check with your health insurance provider)
- Free download
- Physician visits: $49
If there's an app that can save a life, the First Aid mobile app from the American Red Cross is it. With expert advice for everyday emergencies, you'll be prepared to handle anything life throws your way. Or, you might just save someone else's life thanks to the First Aid app's step-by-step instructions.
- Simple toggle to Spanish language
- Step-by-step instructions for handling a variety of first aid scenarios
- Videos and animations
- Safety tips for many scenarios such as winter weather, hurricanes, earthquakes, and more -- accessible without a connection
- Interactive quizzes to test your knowledge
20. First Derm
This is the fastest way to ask a dermatologist for expert advice. First Derm is the go-to app for all things dermatology. Get an answer within hours for peace of mind.
- More than 17,000 cases handled
- Ask questions about acne, bug bites, rosacea, wrinkles and skin care, eczema, skin cancer, moles, and more
- Technology behind the app used in 4 scientific papers and is used in hospitals
- 100% anonymous
- 8-hour, 24-hour, and 48-hour response time guaranteed
- Free download
- Fees apply to submit a case
- All credit cards accepted, including Health Savings Accounts
A unique app unlike any other, GlassesOff helps to train your eyes so that you can read without reading glasses again. Created by world-class vision experts and neuroscientists, GlassesOff is scientifically proven to produce results.
- 12-minute sessions, 3 times per week
- Feel a difference in two months
- For people experiencing blurred near vision, eye strain, fatigue, and/or headaches
- Strengthens the neural efficiency of the visual cortex to improve visual perception
- Free download
- 1 month: $9.99
- 3 months: $24.99
Stop paying so much for your prescriptions with GoodRX, which allows you to search for coupons, compare prices across pharmacies, and save up to 80% on prescription drugs.
- Get pharmacy discounts
- Compare cash and sale prices for any drug
- Print coupons to save at the pharmacy
- Find out which pharmacies have generics for as little as $4
HealthTap offers apps for both providers and consumers, aiming to reinvent the way people all around the world take care of their health and well-being.
- Get immediate, trustworthy, and free answers from a vast library of physician knowledge
- Pay for a virtual consult or a primary care doctor 24/7
- Pay for a virtual visit with a doctor of your choice during their Virtual Office Hours
- More than 105,000 top doctors
Cost: Free (fees apply for virtual visits)
Quickly find and order the healthiest options that meet your dietary requirements from restaurants around the country. HealthyOut is in more than 500 cities, making it possible to order healthy takeout or eat-in restaurant meals.
- Find healthy meals from local restaurants
- Popular diets like Paleo, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, and others
- Filter by cuisine, ingredients, or type of dish
- Dietary restrictions like vegetarian, vegan, lactose intolerant, and gluten sensitive
The iTriage mobile app puts you at the center of healthcare anytime, anywhere. Get answers to your pressing healthcare questions, find info on medications, diseases, and more.
- Search symptoms and causes
- Find the nearest provider
- Doctor Search to find any doctor quickly and easily
- Thousands of medical symptoms, diseases, conditions, procedures, medications and drugs
- Average wait times for emergency rooms, urgent care, pharmacies, retail clinics, and more
KidsDoc is one of several apps published by HealthyChildren.org. Designed especially for parents who need answers to questions about their children's health. Great examples include what to do for sore throats, fevers, vomiting, and even head injuries. KidsDoc provides essential healthcare advice for parents.
- Easy, 3-step navigation
- Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
- Use the decision chart to find the recommended action
- Follow the self-care advice
The MyChart app is used by Yale University, the Cleveland Clinic, and many other healthcare entities. Over 109 million patients have medical records inside this technology. This is to ensure that patient records are comprehensive, secure, and easily accessible whenever needed.
- Get lab results
- Find appointment information
- Get a list of current medications
- Manage appointments
- Access your family's health information
28. Sleep Cycle
Sleep Cycle is an innovative app that functions as an intelligent alarm clock, waking you up at the optimal time within half an hour of your desired wake-up time to ensure that you're more refreshed and feel more alert when you get out of bed.
- Wakes you in your lightest sleep phase
- Wakes you within 30 minutes of your set alarm time
- Monitors your movement while you sleep using your phone's sensitive accelerometer
- Developed using proven sleep science and years of research and development
- Premium Subscription: $9.99/year
Similar to Sleep Cycle, Sleepbot is an intelligent alarm that monitors your sleep patterns. It detects the best sleeping phase to wake you - meaning you'll awake feeling refreshed and energized.
- Gradual alarm based on your movements
- Adjustable movement sensitivity
- Detailed sound graphs let you play back noise with a tap
- 10 custom-designed alarm soundtracks
- Long-term trend graphs
WebMD has a well-earned reputation for being a source for answers to the most benign of symptoms. The WebMD app is a wealth of useful information. There is an added benefit of connecting to activity trackers, which allow you to maintain a complete picture of your health.
- WebMD Symptom Checker
- Daily medication reminders
- Create and sustain healthy habits by tracking your progress
- Customize a daily Healthy Living magazine
- Extensive database of symptoms, medications, and conditions
This mobile app is the start of a better doctor-patient relationship. ZocDoc enables patients to see your doctor's open appointments and even book open time slots online. Find doctors you love, read reviews, and book appointments instantly.
- Book appointments with doctors spanning 50+ specialties
- Read verified reviews from other patients
- See open appointment times and book instantly
- Read doctors' professional statements, view education and background, and more
Mental health apps
Calm is a mindfulness meditation app that helps you release stress and reduce anxiety. This app is designed to bring more clarity, joy, and peacefulness to your life through calming meditations.
- 7-21 days guided meditation programs which keep track of your progress
- Unguided meditation sessions
- 25+ guided meditation sessions from a few minutes to 20 minutes in length
- '7 Days of Calm' free introductory program
- Meditation techniques broken down into 7 steps
- Free to download and use
- Premium subscription:
Happify is an app that helps you regain control of your emotional health. There are tools within this app to help overcome anxiety, negative thoughts, stress, and other emotional states that may be negatively impacting your daily life.
- Choose one or several tracks
- More than 30 tracks to choose from
- 20-page character strength report
- Track your progress to see how your skills compare
- Free: Limited features
- Premium: Plans start at $4.99/month
34. Healthy Habits
The Healthy Habits app is based on research and theories from the likes of B.J. Fogg, Charles Duhigg, and B.F. Skinner. These pioneers recognize the power of creating habits -- or in doing things without thinking about them.
- Choose habits from a library of 100+ options
- Custom habits
- Charts and graphs to illustrate your results
- Earn badges for your progress
- View your history at a glance
- Share your progress with your friends if you choose
Cost: $0.99 on Google Play; free on iTunes
Lumosity is a brain-training app with programs designed by scientists and game designers. Exercises range from improving your memory and attention to enhancing your cognitive skills. Lumosity turns neuropsychology into intriguing, puzzling challenges that exercise your mind.
- Scientists transform neuropsychological tasks into fun games and challenges
- New, experimental challenges
- Lumosity works with 40+ university researchers
- Games designed to challenge core cognitive skills
- Free download
- 1 month: $11.99
- 1 year: $59.99
Learn how to relax. With the MindShift mobile app, you'll take charge of your anxiety by learning positive ways of thinking. With tools to help you get better sleep, overcome anxiety, combat panic, and handle conflict, you can be on top of your game in every situation.
- Strategies to deal with everyday anxiety
- Change how you think about anxiety
- Tools for handling specific situations
- Face challenging situations and make every day count
Moodlytics isn't an app; it's your companion for happiness. Its platform consists of your moods in analytical terms. These graphs let you log your moods and visualize trends and shifts over time.
- Log current and past moods
- Moods represented by scientific colors
- 42 cute mood smiles
- Set mood logger reminders and profiles
- Add and personalize moods
- Add notes, photos, and people to moods in your log for more context
Pacifica helps you manage stress and live better. This app comes complete with tools based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for overcoming anxiety, analyzing your thoughts, and regaining control over your emotional state.
- Daily mood tracker
- Relaxation and mindfulness audio tools
- Thought analysis
- Daily challenges
- Daily health tracker
- Private groups
- Public communities
- Free to download and use
- Unlimited use:
- 1 month: $5.99
- 1 year: $35.99
Increase your resilience with the help of SuperBetter. This happifying app boosts your ability to stay strong, optimistic, and motivated - even in the face of difficult obstacles.
- SuperBetter has helped nearly half a million people
- Achieve personal growth
- Tackle real-life challenges
- Beat depression and anxiety
- Combat chronic pain
- Work through stressful situations such as job changes, divorce, and other challenges
Everything you need to lose weight is at your fingertips with DietPoint. Packed with more than 130 weight loss diet plans, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs and your lifestyle for lasting results.
- 130+ complete diet plans
- Dedicated shopping list for each plan
- Weight-loss estimates for each plan
- 500+ tips to boost your results
- Body Mass Index calculator
- Weight tracker and monitor
- Free download
- Lifetime PRO unlock $4.99
- Diet Plan $0.99
- 1 month Premium $14.99
- 1 year Premium $44.99
Fooducate empowers you to reach your health, fitness, and weight goals with tools to help you track your nutritional intake, your activity levels, and your goals.
- Track your food intake and exercise
- Track the quality of your calories - not just the quantity
- Scan more than 250,000 product barcodes for a nutrition quality grade
- Get food suggestions based on your scans
- Track your sleep, mood, and hunger levels
- Add your own foods and recipes to track
- Pro plans available from $1.99 and up
LifeSum simplifies healthy living. This app helps you create a personalized plan based on the goals you set. Whether you want to lose weight, bulk up, or eat better, LifeSum helps you make your vision a reality.
- Reminders to drink enough water
- Personalized roadmap of how to change for the better
- Exercise tips to help you train better
- A selection of diets
- Feedback to improve the quality of your diet
- Overview of your nutrition and exercise habits
- Free - basic features
- Premium subscriptions:
- 3 months: $21.99
- 6 months: $29.99
- 12 months: $44.99
43. Lose It!
Lose It! has only one goal: to help you reach your weight loss goals in a healthy way. In this process, you'll adopt new, healthier lifestyle habits and keep the weight off for good.
- Sets your daily budget for nutrients, weight loss, blood pressure, and more
- Easy-to-use tracking tools to track diet and exercise
- Learn more about your logs to overcome plateaus
- Connect fitness tracking devices and other apps
- Premium subscriptions: $39.99/year
MyFitnessPal connects with several other apps on this list, helping you lose weight in the most scientifically-effective way: by keeping track of the foods that you eat.
- Track your diet and exercise in less than 5 minutes per day
- Largest food database of any iPhone or Android calorie counter
- Easiest and fastest food entry
- Add multiple foods at once
- Remember your favorites
- Save and add entire meals
- Import recipes
- Members have lost nearly 200 million pounds combined
- Premium plans start at $9.99
My Diet Coach App provides the motivation you need to lose weight, hit your goals, and stay healthy with a variety of tracking and motivational tools.
- Diet reminders such as drinking water, preparing veggies, eating slowly, etc.
- Motivational photos
- Perseverance tips
- Diet diary and calorie counter
- Upgrade for food cravings panic button, points and rewards, measurement charts, and more
- Premium: in-app purchases $1.99 and up
Nutrino determines the best foods for you as an individual based on science. It takes into account your lifestyle, food preferences, eating habits, and other factors that impact your weight.
- Complete diabetes support
- Unparalleled personalized technology
- Find healthy restaurant options near you
- Log your food intake, exercise, water intake, and stress levels
- Get meal suggestions you'll love
- Premium options starting at $7.99/month
ShopWell puts a nutrition expert in your pocket: at the grocery store. Scan products as you shop to get personalized food scores and make healthier buying decisions. When your pantry is stocked with only healthy options, you're less likely to snack on foods that can ruin your diet.
- Scan products to get personalized food scores
- Take healthy grocery lists wherever you go
- Always have expert nutrition advice at your fingertips
- Premium options starting at $7.99/month
48. Simple Steps
The Simple Steps app, as its name suggests, is designed to make healthy eating and living as easy as taking one step at a time.
- No diets or counting calories
- Focus on one habit at a time
- Check off your habit regularly to beat levels and reach your next habit
- Connect with friends to motivate each other
- Premium options (in-app purchases) starting at $0.99 and up
49. Thrive Market
Thrive Market is a popular app and service that makes organic, healthy eating possible for anyone, even if you don't have a natural health foods store around the corner.
- Healthy groceries delivered to your door
- Up to 50% off in-store prices
- Non-GMO and organic foods
- 3,000+ healthy products
- 400 trusted brands
Drinking enough water is one of the primary keys to lasting weight loss and overall health, and that's where WaterMinder comes in. With reminders to help you stay on track with your hydration goals, you'll stay hydrated and beat hunger, meaning you can avoid unnecessary between-meal snacking.
- Create a new habit in 21 days
- Track your progress
- Collect badges when you hit goals
- Logging water is as simple as a single tap
- Configure custom cup sizes, custom notifications, and more
- iTunes App Store: $1.99
- Google Play Store: Free with in-app purchases