Spring showers may bring flowers, but April brings opening day of Major League Baseball. At TCC, we want you to experience the most this baseball season, so we have compiled a list of the best apps designed to help you stay updated on your favorite MLB teams.
- MLB at Bat is the official app of Major League Baseball. This app can be purchased for a monthly or annual fee. The MLB at Bat app is a baseball fan’s ultimate companion with all of the information you need, including radio broadcasts of games, breaking news, schedules, stats, and interactive rosters for every team.
- And when you attend your favorite baseball team’s first home game, you’re going to want to have the MLB Ballpark app. Make the most out of your trip with features like mobile check-in, interactive maps, social media, offers, rewards, and exclusive content. Many stadiums even have mobile food and merchandise ordering included, so you can find the nearest hotdog stand or order apparel with a few simple taps on your device.
- MLB Fans isthe official social network of MLB. Follow the season, discover exclusive content, make predictions, post your own photos and videos, and voice your opinions with other fans of the same team.
- TheScore app makes it simple to follow the teams you love. You’re able to completely customize your scores, stats, news, and alerts in this app. If that description doesn’t sway you into checking TheScore out, then you should know that it was named an "App Store Essential Sports App," and has been featured in the "App Store Essential Hall of Fame," and is one of Time Magazine's "Must-Have iPad Apps."
- Another app designed to keep you on top of your favorite team is Team Stream. It’s the perfect app for accessing baseball news, highlights, and scores, but only for the teams you care about. This app is customizable and will deliver personalized updates to you based on your preferences. Another feature of Team Stream is you can sync your Fantasy Baseball account to this app to get updates about your favorite players.
- CBS Sports Fantasy allows you to keep up with your baseball fantasy league (and all other sports fantasy leagues as well). This app features season projections, player news and rankings, and video advice. You’re also able to manage your team by setting lineups, adding and dropping players, and making trades all within the app.
- All of these apps are perfect for keeping up with baseball from the comfort of your couch, or from a historical stadium, but how do you get to the game? Hotel Tonight or Jet Setter are apps that will find last-minute deals for hotel rooms. Categories make it easy to find a hotel that is suited to your taste and you can quickly make reservations in the app.
- Baseball season comes and goes, but sports are forever. With the free Watch ESPN app, you can watch sports anytime, anywhere. This app gives you 24/7 access and up-to-the-minute news, highlights, and analysis with live streaming to every ESPN channel.
What is your favorite sports app and why?